Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Product Review: Full of Beans Spicy Carrot Cake Mix

                                                   

Going through my cupboard today trying to find something to make to take to an afternoon tea and came across the package of Carrot Cake Mix from Full Of Beans. I had all of the ingredients on hand so I decided to make these as mini muffins instead of a full carrot cake to make it easier for people to eat. 

I was worried as I was mixing the first ingredients together as it was very dry looking and was not coming together as a cake mix should. But once I added the grated carrots and crushed pineapple it miraculously came together into a sticky, gooey batter. I sprayed my mini muffin tin with cooking spray rather than use liners and filled the cups to just below the top. I baked them for approximately 18-20 minutes or until the toothpick came out clean and the top was golden brown. The whole mix made more than 48 mini muffins.

I tried one hot out of the oven as a quality control before I continued baking the rest of the batter. IT WAS AMAZING! These were the first muffins that tasted exactly like the regular ones. They were sweet, without being too sweet, and did not even need the traditional cream cheese icing. They have a good combination of spice and carrot flavour and the pineapple is not a noticeable, just adds sweetness.  The top of the muffin was even crunchy like a muffin top should be. Since making them this afternoon I have eaten more of them than I care to admit and I am not sure they will make it to the tea. 

I will definitely be buying this one again, in fact I think this will be a staple in my pantry from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment